Saturday, December 18, 2010

Helping Us Get Healthy at Beaumont

Coordinator Women Exercising to Live Longer (WELL), Megan Donnelly
The American Heart Association's Go Red for Women "My Life Check Challenge Makeover" moved into its second phase for me with the wonderful staff at Beaumont Hospital and the Ministrelli Women's Heart Center. Almost a third of women die of heart disease and this deadly serious issue is addressed with such dedication at Beaumont. Today I went for my seven non-invasive tests to assess my situation (which they offer at for only $70).  I'll get my results soon, but it seems as though for me cholesterol is my greatest concern. Dr. Chinnaiyan and her team will help me with diet, exercise and stress. The doctor says stress reduction is imperative to health. This is so true, but so often left out of people's regimens. The holidays are so stressful for everyone and I am no exception. Like many of you, I am spinning extra plates right now and can't wait to learn and share stress reduction techniques. Of course, exercise is a great stress-reducer too! I'm looking forward to sharing my journey with you and welcome your comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment